By booking our service by telephone, e-mail or via our web side the customer agrees to be bounded by our terms and conditions.
In these Terms and Conditions the following definitions apply:
“The Company”, “We”, “Us” - means EML Cleaning Ltd
“Cleaner” - means the person carrying out cleaning services on behalf of the Company.
“Client” - means the person, firm or corporate body together with any subsidiary or associated company as defined by the Companies Act 1985 to whom the cleaning services are supplied by the Company.
“Service” - means the cleaning services carried out on behalf of the Company.
“Cleaning Visit” - means the visit to the Client’s service address by the Cleaner in order to carry out the Service.
Unless the context requires otherwise, reference to the singular include the plural and references to the masculine include the feminine and vice versa.
The Headings contained in these Terms are for convenience only and do not affect their interpretation.
1 These Terms and Conditions represent a contract between EML CLeaning Ltd and the Client.
2 The Client agrees that any use of the Company’s services, including placing an order for services by telephone, email or website forms shall constitute the Client’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3 Unless otherwise agreed in writing by a director of the Company, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail over any other terms of business or purchase conditions put forward by the Client.
4 No variation or alteration of these Terms and Conditions shall be valid unless approved in writing by a director of the Company.
5PLEASE NOTE any client who employs the company’s staff, whether temporary, permanent, or pay-as-you-go basis without permission from the director in writing or without paying the referral fee will be liable for a fine of £2000.
• The Client can cancel or reschedule the scheduled service by giving us at least a 48h notice. Failure to provide us with the needed notice will result with a 50GBP non-refundable fee. Please note, all credit and debit card transactions will be recovered by charging customers with £35 cancelation charges for written and/or emailing notices received longer than 48 hours, a charge of £55 will be applied on those cancelation notices received between 24 and 48 hours and no refunds will be made/issued if a booking is cancelled that has been paid through a credit card or debit card and a notification is received to cancel the booking in or less than 24 hours.
• The Client may terminate a regular cleaning service (rather than just cancel one week’s appointment) by giving at least one full week notice prior to the cleaning service in writing via e-mail, giving reason and specifying the last cleaning date.
• The Client must pay the full price of a cleaning visit if the regular cleaning service is cancelled or rescheduled without 48h notice or is terminated less than one week before the agreed start of the visit.
• The Client can reschedule or cancel the appointment over the phone or by e-mail.
• We reserve the right to refuse any cleaning job if the condition of the property is hazardous to the health and well being of our operatives.
• The cleaning company has the right to cancel or reschedule a service in cases where an accident or any unexpected circumstances have befallen the assigned cleaning team.
AFTER CANCELLATION OF THE CLEANING SERVICE
By entering into a service agreement with EML Cleaning Ltd the customer agrees that after the cancellation of the cleaning service she/he will not hire or use services provided by a present or past cleaner introduced to the customer by EML Cleaning Ltd. If the customer wishes to hire or use services provided by such a cleaner then she/he must pay a referral fee of £300.
• The Company and the individual cleaners hold Public Liability Insurance
• Claims can be covered by the Company and/or its operatives insurance, only if the damage/breakages are reported within 24hours of the cleaning service visit.
• The Company reserves any right to refuse disclosure of confidential company documents.
• No refund claims will be considered once the cleaning service has been carried out.
• All services shall be deemed to have been carried out to the Client’s satisfaction unless written notice is received by the Company with details of the complaint within 24 hours of the work being completed. We will fully investigate any complaint and attempt to resolve it to the satisfaction of the Client, or alternatively to a reasonable standard.
• The Client agrees to allow the Company back to re-clean and inspect any disputed areas/items before arranging a third party to carry out services.
• The Client must be present at all time during the recovery clean.
• The Company reserves the right to only offer one recovery clean per service.
• While our operatives make every effort not to break items, accidents do happen. Identical replacement is always attempted but not guaranteed.
• The Company may require entry to the location of the claim within 24 hours to correct the problem.
• In case of damage, proven to be caused by us, The Company will repair the item at its cost. If the item cannot be repaired the Company will rectify the problem by crediting the customer with the item’s present actual cash value toward a like replacement. This liability applies only once the payment for the service has been received in full.
• The Company shall not be liable for any third parties or their actions that enter or are present at the Client’s premises during the cleaning visit. The cleaners cannot be relied on to grant access to the property to any third parties.
• Items excluded from the cleaning company’s liability include: cash, jewellery, art, antiques and items of sentimental value. Refund for for items of sentimental/personal value will be made only at its current cash value.
• The Company requests all irreplaceable items (whether monetarily or sentimentally valuable) be stored away and/or not cleaned by the cleaning operatives.
• We are not responsible for any existing damage to Clients property in the form of old stains/burns/spillages etc. which cannot be cleaned/removed completely by the cleaning operative using the industry standard cleaning methods.
• The Company shall not be liable for the shrinkage of carpets as a result of poor fitting.
• We will do our best to make sure your appliances are cleaned to a high standard. However, if they have not been cleaned since they were purchased regrettably we will not be liable for ingrained dirt that cannot be removed using chemicals.
• Freezers must be defrosted in advance. As the time-scales for defrosting will not enable us to thoroughly clean it.
• We cannot guarantee our End of Tenancy Cleaning service when furniture or people are still present in the property at the time of the cleaning.
• Carpet Cleaning booked along with End of Tenancy Cleaning is not part of the 48 hours guarantee that applies for End of Tenancy Cleaning.
• We shall not be responsible for any damage caused as a result of the Client placing furniture on a carpet which has not completely dried.
• The Company is not liable for any wear or discolouration of fabric that becomes more notable once dirt is removed.
• We are not liable for any damages caused by faulty products/equipment provided by the customer.
• For all services other than End of Tenancy Cleaning we shall not be liable for completing jobs that are not listed on the customer’s task list.
• The Company shall not guarantee After Builders Cleaning service when building work has not finished and there still are people present on site.